When Lebanon was chartered in 1761, West Lebanon was the initial locus of most early activity. In 1765, the oldest surviving home in Lebanon – the Dana House (originally known as the Hall-Cody House) – was built, situated near the current Powerhouse Mall, and facing the Connecticut River.
The home was first inhabited by Jonathan Dana’s family, and in the 1780s, it was the home of Dr. Ziba Hall, Lebanon’s first resident physician. The Dana House was moved to Seminary Hill at 3 Elm Street West in 1988 after the City Council purchased it for $15,000 to save it from demolition.… Read More
Reading time: 2 min